Comforting, filling, AND healthy, this recipe is perfect for the whole family!
Makes: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
From: Skinny Taste Recipes
- 1 1/2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3/4 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. reduced fat sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn, peas, green beans, baby Lima beans)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup fat free beef broth
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp/ freshly copped thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes in a medium pot of salted water until cooked and soft.
- Drain and mash with chicken broth, sour cream, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large saute pan brown meat over medium heat, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to taste.
- When cooked, set aside on a plate.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and celery and sauté on medium heat about 6 to 8 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the flour, frozen vegetables, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme, cooked meat and mix well. Simmer on low about 8-10 minutes.
- Spread the meat on the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, then place under the broiler 1-2 minutes until the potatoes turn golden.
- Remove from oven and let it cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size: 1/6 of pie • Amount Per Serving: 275 calories • 7g fat (0g saturated) • 45mg cholesterol • 331mg sodium • 31g carbohydrates • 5g fiber • 3g sugar • 22g protein